Wednesday 19 March 2008

The La La Theory

I arrived home today to find that I'd received a letter from Katie Haegele, who writes under the pseudonym of The La-La Theory.

Katie has an impressive collection of writing in various forms, such as poems, zines, creatice nonfiction and even a newspaper column. All of this can be found on her website.

My favourite is her found poetry. Found poetry is the rearrangement of a random or 'found' piece of writing in order to give it an entirely different meaning. It's not something I've tried before, but I really love the idea of playing around with the wording to make something mean the complete opposite of what was intended.

I found Katie on the Cut-out and Keep website.

I emailed Katie and she offered to send me some of her things in the post and, in return, I'm sending her a package which I am in the middle of making. More on that later...

No comments: