Wednesday 5 March 2008

Heart-felt

I'm slowly collecting all of the things that I've made over the last few years and trying to get them photographed so that I can stick them in here. It's not as straight forward as I'd hoped it'd be.

Anyway! Here are some more things that I made a while back for Firebrand Boy.




When trying to think of the sort of merchandise I could make with felt I came up with the idea of these felt envelopes as cd sleeves. I measured and made a paper templates from which I cut the felt, then sewed the edges together. I made the sleeves in five or six different colours, but my favourite is the torquoise-blue. The polaroids which were in a previous blog were used as inserts for track listings for these sleeves.

I've sewn a lot of little appliques, too. It was one of the first things I did when I first started using felt.




This one I made for a card, which ended up being used for some of the Firebrand Boy things.
I like how lame the shapes and stitching is.

No comments: