Friday 6 June 2008

pixel heart notebook

I love to write and to draw when i get bored on the train and was looking for a new diary today.
I came across a blogger/etsy seller/ crafter on a forum a while ago who goes by the name Lertsis. She makes all of these really nice journals and so I decided to make my own.
I did a test run before I used any expensive materials. Here's my first attempt:

I used strong brown wrapping paper for the cover,



white cartridge paper for the insides,



and a layer of grease proof paper between the two to mask the underside of the pink stitching.
I know 'grease proof paper' doesn't sound so nice but it does the trick!

3 comments:

Durkin said...

woah cool idea, I should start drawing again. I was never really that good but I enjoyed it. Maybe one day I will make my own journal instead of making another holga hack :)

Sherbet Head said...

Thank-you. I could make you one if you'd like?

Durkin said...

Send one with a Holga and I'll customise it for you ;)